[Xcb] Wiki spring cleaning

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon May 1 13:57:13 PDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 13:18:38 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> images or other resources. So ideally the URL would be more like
> 	http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/xcb/master/xcb/doc/tutorial/index.html
> which can be achieved pretty easily in CGI scripts with the PATH_INFO
> (IIRC) environment variable.

Yes--I've wanted that forever too.

Sadly, the gitweb code is a nightmarish mess. So fixing it to generate
cool URLs would be a fair amount of work. (For example, you'd really
want it to use the same scheme for all the links it generates, but
currently the code for link generating is replicated dozens of times
throughout the code at every use rather then sitting in one nice
abstraction).

I'd love to see gitweb cleaned up, (or, perhaps easier, rewritten from
scratch). But no, I don't anticipate doing this myself.

-Carl