[Xcb] profiling and performance

Donnie Berkholz spyderous at gentoo.org
Wed May 3 11:44:26 PDT 2006

Vincent Torri wrote:
> I usually use for my computer these flags :
>
> -march=athlon-xp -O3 -ffast-math -pipe -funroll-loops
> -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mfpmath=sse,387

That's pretty hardcore, and I'm a Gentoo user.

Here's what I would use, assuming you don't care about debugging:
-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

In general, the rest are either dangerous (-ffast-math,
-mfpmath=sse,387), often aren't worth it because of increasing code size
(-O3, -funroll-loops), or are implied (-msse).

If you want to try something different, try -ftracer and/or -fweb.

Thanks,
Donnie