[Xcb] where to find xproto.pc ?

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Tue May 9 20:07:07 PDT 2006

Florent Monnier wrote:
>> You can easily just download, build, and install the modular xproto
>> (proto/X11) into a prefix *other than* /usr, avoiding conflict with your
>> packaging system.  You can then build XCB against that modular xproto.
>
> I don't know what is, and where to find this "modular xproto", so I've asked
> to Google:  http://www.google.com/search?q=modular+xproto
>
> Could you point me on the good answer ?

From http://xcb.freedesktop.org/wiki/DevelopersGuide:

The modules you need to checkout, build, and install for XCB are, in order:
 * from X.org CVS:
[...]
   * proto/X11
[...]

To get this from CVS, see
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide, which suggests:
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg login
CVS password: <hit return>
$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xorg co proto/X11

Alternatively, to use a stable tarball of xproto, try
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.0/src/proto/xproto-X11R7.0-7.0.4.tar.gz
for the version shipped with the 7.0 roll-up release, or
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/proto/xproto-7.0.5.tar.gz
for the latest release version of xproto itself.

- Josh Triplett