[Xcb] xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Tue Nov 7 17:10:17 PST 2006

noidee wrote:
> After i have update from X11R6.9 to X11R7.1 and some applications crash  ( matlab , cedega and others)
> MATLAB: xcb_xlib.c:41: xcb_xlib_lock: Assertion `!c->xlib.lock' failed.
>
> or
> python: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
> /usr/bin/cedega: line 51: 30495 Aborted                 ${P2PPATH}/bin/python ${P2PPATH}/Point2Play_gui.py "$@"
>
> Is there anyone who know why ?
>
> I have Slackware 11.0 xorg 7.1 ( build from git ), mesa 6.5.1, cedega 5.1, matlab 7

This represents a bug in either matlab, cedega, or one of the libraries they
use.  The first assertion means that something tried to call LockDisplay while
it already held the Xlib display lock.  The second assertion means that
something tried to call UnlockDisplay while it didn't hold the Xlib display
lock.

A gdb backtrace on these would help us track down the bug.  In the case of the
Python script, a Python backtrace would help if possible (I don't know if the
Python debugger can handle signals raised in C code.)

- Josh Triplett