[Xcb] Adding pthread stubs into libxcb

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 8 04:27:07 PST 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 02:41, Josh Triplett wrote:
> unieject appears to use the GPL; can we use this code under XCB's MIT
> license? (It looks like you wrote the original code in the unieject
> project; if so, we just need your permission.)
I consider my M4s public-domain unless otherwise stated in them (mostly, the
ones I take from other projects that contains their own license), so it is,
to me, perfectly fine to use it in XCB or any other project. If you want I
can update the m4 in unieject's SVN with a note stating so.

> That way, we define only the stubs the target platform doesn't already
> provide.
This could be feasible if we had only one way to define the weak references
(the attribute), but becomes way worse when you have two of them, and I don't
really want to think about multiple methods.
GCC and ICC should support the attribute, VC++ and BCB probably don't (but
they don't even use pthread I suppose), on OSX/Darwin, the stubs shouldn't be
needed at all (pthreads are defined in the c library), not sure if the weak
trick works there, should be tested. For other platforms, I'm not sure :)

> Why would libGL care about libxcb's pthread stubs?  Shouldn't it handle its
> own pthread support?
This was just copied out of libX11, locally dropped it still work, not sure if
libGL has its own symbols now or what else.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...