[Xcb] keysymdef.h

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Wed Nov 8 08:57:34 PST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:25 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> Hey,
>
> as we don't rely on X.h anymore, I suppose that we also don't rely
> on keysymdef.h. Shouldn't we provide an equivalent file for keysym
> codes ?
>
> Vincent

The keysym utility library does rely on <X11/keysymdef.h>, as does
pretty much anything that uses it.

Why bother with an equivalent file? It doesn't have any other
dependencies, and it would just be another duplication of code to
maintain.

I feel the same about the set of standard atoms. I think it was
unwise to duplicate them for util/atom. Better would be to split
these into two separate packages that could be installed underneath
either libX11 or libxcb.

Ian