[Xcb] problem when getting replies

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Nov 11 14:00:28 PST 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 04:21:36PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> If I only keep the ecore_xcb_atom_init(_finalize) functions, and not the
> others *init(_finalize) functions, no seg fault. If I add the others, all
> the replies in ecore_xcb_atom_init_finalize are NULL.

Of course, I should have read your mail more carefully. The problem is
probably in some request you're making before the atom_init function is
called, I think. I'd suggest checking xcb_connection_has_error after
each major chunk of requests or replies, or setting a breakpoint in
_xcb_conn_shutdown and getting a stack trace from there. Probably the
connection got shut down for some reason before atom_init_finalize.

--Jamey