[Xcb] [Fwd: x11-libs/libX11-1.0.99.1 XKB patches]

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Oct 10 22:05:39 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:39:29PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> I got this patch from a Gentoo user to fix more of the problems that the
> XCB display locking assertion catches, this time in libX11. Could some
> XCB developer confirm this, and apply the patch for 1.1RC2?

Oh, that's so awesome. The XKBleds.c and XKBSetGeom.c patches are
obviously correct, and I'll commit them shortly.

However, the patches to XKBGeom.c aren't quite correct: they unlock
before calling _XkbReadGetGeometryReply, which needs the lock held
because it eventually calls _XRead. I'll put together a correct fix and
commit that this evening too.

Donnie, thanks so much for putting this code in Gentoo where smart
people find and fix bugs for us. :-)

If anyone's interested in using `sparse` annotations to find more of
these locking bugs at compile time, we have an expert or two on that
around here and it'd be really useful...

--Jamey