[Xcb] X11/XCB/xcb.h

Hope Duryea hope_duryea at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 28 15:57:14 PDT 2006

Hi Jamey,

Thanks for the info. I'm not set up for git, which is
why I went with the downloads available at
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/dist/. Even though xcb-util
was a different release number from libxcb, they were
dated the same so I assumed they were compatible.

I take it more than just the location has changed,
though? Otherwise, I'm not sure why my having changed
the #include statement to <xcb/xcb.h> wouldn't have
cleared up the compile errors.

Before I changed the #include, I got (trimmed down to
just the first handful):

atoms.gperf:2:25: X11/XCB/xcb.h: No such file or
directory In file included from atoms.gperf:4:
xcb_atom.h:11: error: parse error before
"XCBInternAtomCookie" xcb_atom.h:11: warning: no
semicolon at end of struct or union
xcb_atom.h:11: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
or union xcb_atom.h:12: warning: data definition has
no type or storage class
xcb_atom.h:13: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class xcb_atom.h:14: error: parse error before
'}' token

After I changed it, I got (trimmed down):
In file included from atoms.gperf:4:
xcb_atom.h:11: error: parse error before
"XCBInternAtomCookie"
xcb_atom.h:11: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
or union
xcb_atom.h:11: warning: no semicolon at end of struct
or union
xcb_atom.h:12: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class
xcb_atom.h:13: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class
xcb_atom.h:14: error: parse error before '}' token

Note that the only difference is the "No such file..."
error is gone.

Thanks,
Diane