[Xcb] XCBSync build failur in x.org

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Thu Sep 14 13:52:30 PDT 2006

Dave,

The replacement for XCBSync is XCBAuxSync.  We just moved the function from
core XCB to the xcb-util library.

However, you should first try replacing XCBSync() with XCBFlush() and see whether
the tests still work.  We prefer using XCBFlush since it keeps the code
asynchronous, a prime goal of XCB.

As for replacing that other deprecated function (get queued reply), we will have to
wait for Jamey's opinion. However, this is only unit testing code. It is probably
acceptable to remove the entire test if it is blocking the build.

Ian

From: dave frost <dj.frost at blueyonder.co.uk>
Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:58:21 +0100

>I have almost got X to build, but this i now my main problem.  Ive
>downloaded the source from the git repository so is all very recent.
>Also, Mesa 6.4.2 doesnt seem to have the arrayobj.c (or something) file,
>which version of Mesa works with X ?
>
>Amy help sorting this out would be great.

==>

=======