[Xcb] XCBSync build failur in x.org

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Fri Sep 15 10:37:13 PDT 2006

From: Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net>
Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:43:46 -0700

> On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 09:05:22PM +0100, dave frost wrote:
> > any help appreciated, as this is affecting the X build, which i need.
>
> The correct fix is for X.org's build scripts to quit building xcb-util.
> Nothing in X.org needs xcb-util, and xcb-util isn't stable or usable and
> won't be released any time soon. xcb-demo, similarly, should not be
> built automatically with X.org.

> I don't know which script you're using to build, but would somebody
> please fix it to *not* build xcb-util?

The fix is to remove lines 130, 277-279 from build.sh in xorg/util/modular. This
was put in with XCB support on June 7 in commit
09feb47439f610c741d4fd5adfe6ba98c379ff1c.

TODO: put the same XCB build support into build-from-tarballs.sh. I suspect
something XCB specific should be added to xorg.modules, but I don't know how
that file is used.  (xorg/util/modular could use a README.)

However, this is going to change anyway when we split the xcb repository.

Ian