[Xcb] use of xcb_connect_to_fd and xcb_connect_to_display_with_auth_info

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Sep 18 02:33:49 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:09:06AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey,

Hi Vincent!

> as there is no more xcb_get_auth_info, I wonder how we can use
> xcb_connect_to_fd and xcb_connect_to_display_with_auth_info, now, as
> they require an xcb_auth_info_t.

An application may have auth info from a non-standard source. In
particular, display managers that work like xdm (kdm, gdm, etc.) have
their own special auth info. Currently, these pass that into Xlib, which
uses the above functions to pass it on to XCB.

> If they are not themselves deprecated, we must provide documentation
> on how to create a valid xcb_auth_info_t structure.

Yeah, I guess so. It's just a pair of counted strings, containing the
name of the auth mechanism to use, and the value to use with it.

--Jamey