[Xcb] release XCB 1.0 today: last steps needed

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Fri Sep 22 10:50:50 PDT 2006

From: Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>
Date:  Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:14:21 -0700

> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 01:58:46 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > I have every intent of releasing XCB 1.0 today, if the last few things
> > go right. Please review everything that matters to you about XCB's API
> > today, because after the grand renaming lands and we release, that API
> > can't be changed -- only added to.
>
> You're braver than I am to land a great renaming and also make the
> first API-stable release on the same day!
>
> I do wish you the best of luck with all of this---it sounds like there
> are some important improvements happening now, and it will be nice to
> have an API-stable XCB library soon.
>
> -Carl

Carl has a point. Why not let the Great Renaming soak a week before releasing?

TODO:

* convert the XcbApi pages, and other wiki pages mentioning API functions
* convert Vincent's tutorial
* adapt xcb-util's code to use the new names
* convert xcb-util API's to match the new naming conventions
* adapt the code in xcb-demo to use the new names
* adapt any other unit test code to use the new names
* give Vincent, Jeremy. et al. some time to convert their XCB code to the new
names for testing

Ian