[Xcb] release XCB 1.0 RC1 today

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri Sep 22 11:33:32 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:50:50AM -0700, Ian Osgood wrote:
> * convert the XcbApi pages, and other wiki pages mentioning API functions

Adding Doxygen comments to xcbext.h would help too. I hadn't noticed
before that they're missing.

Ideally, we'd get all the XcbApi wiki content into the header comments,
and then replace the wiki pages with auto-generated HTML from the
source. I'd appreciate if somebody would work on that.

> * convert Vincent's tutorial
> * adapt xcb-util's code to use the new names
> * convert xcb-util API's to match the new naming conventions
> * adapt the code in xcb-demo to use the new names
> * give Vincent, Jeremy. et al. some time to convert their XCB code to the new
> names for testing

These aren't XCB release blockers, but testing that they still work
would help validate these changes, and validation *is* a release
blocker.

> * adapt any other unit test code to use the new names

Since we ship the (pathetic) check-based test suite as part of XCB, it
of course must build and pass against the new API.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 07:56:37PM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> We can maybe do release candidates. XCB 1.0 RC1 to test the new api and
> split git. RC2 to fix remaining bugs and convert doc, tutorial, etc... And
> then release.

That's surely a good idea. OK, RC1 goes out today, with bugs 8207 and
8297 fixed. Still pending on Josh though...

--Jamey