[Xcb] GIT repo split - please test

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Sun Sep 24 13:48:50 PDT 2006

Jamey and I wrote a Python script "git-split" to split a subdirectory
out of GIT repository and rewrite history accordingly, dropping commits
irrelevant to that subdirectory.  I've run the script against the XCB
repo, generated six separate project repositories, and put them up on
git.freedesktop.org.  You can check out these repositories via git or
anongit just like the XCB repo; use the prefix
git://git.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/ and the repo names demo.git,
libXamine.git, proto.git, util.git, xcb.git, and xhsb.git.  Please take
a look at these repositories via inspection and gitk, explore the
history, and generally play around with them.

Note that gitweb doesn't seem to know about them yet; I don't know what
we need to do to make that happen.

- Josh Triplett