[Xcb] Mesa update

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Sep 27 11:10:31 PDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:59:23PM -0400, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> I just finished updating Mesa to work with the latest xcb.  If anyone
> wants to give it a try compile Mesa using the linux-dri-xcb config file.

Very cool, Jeremy! After much effort figuring out how to build Mesa --
not your fault :-) -- I have an XCB-based libGL.so.

If other people want to try this out, be sure to ignore mesa3d.org.
Follow the directions at http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building
instead.

More work remains to be done on the XCB port of Mesa: it's currently
illustrating our claim that you can incrementally port libraries from
Xlib to XCB. :-) Unfortunately, Jeremy can't put much time into this
project right now: anyone else want to do a little more incremental
porting?

--Jamey