[Xcb] xcb/libxcb git commit 46413cd85

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Tue Dec 11 10:10:03 PST 2007

Eamon Walsh wrote:
> +        <doc> * The returned value must be freed by the caller using free().</doc>

That should read xcb_free(), not free().

Oh. I see we don't have an xcb_free() function. That can be considered a
bug. Some systems (*cough* Windows *cough*) frequently run into problems
when a shared library is linked to a different libc (and therefore a
different malloc/realloc/free) than the executable.

Xlib has XFree(). XCB needs its own free() for all the same reasons.

If you like, I can create a patch to add this function.

Peter Harris

--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com