[Xcb] Should we use <bit> instead of <value>?

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Dec 11 14:37:18 PST 2007

In message <A96A17F1-0ACD-4E30-BE81-00AF01172577 at quirkster.com> you wrote:
> (Naming: I prefer not to include "Mask" in enumeration
> names, because it comes out duplicated, for example
> "XCB_EV_MASK_NO_EVENT_MASK". Don't worry about
> compatibility; no one is using these extensions yet.)

Remember, an explicit goal of the XCB project is that the
XML protocol descriptions and language bindings have names
as close as feasible to those in the protocol specification
document.  I haven't looked at the GL documents, so I don't
know what the right answer is there.  But we're happy to
change the C code generator as needed to make the generated
C names match the protocol spec more closely if that
helps....

    Bart