[Xcb] server side XCB

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Mon Feb 12 13:34:39 PST 2007

Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> I haven't seen much traffic on the list lately but I was reading the
> XDC2007 notes (http://wiki.x.org/wiki/XDC2007Notes) and there is some
> mention of XCB server-side.  Is there a plan for this yet?  Do we know
> what it will look like or do?

What was discussed was not really XCB in the Xserver, but using XCB's
XML protocol descriptions to also generate the Xserver side of the
protocol handling code as well, hopefully to reduce the number of times
the same buffer overflow fix has to be applied to each set of handwritten
extension decoding code in the server.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com