[Xcb] Re: new SELinux protocol reply problem

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Feb 24 09:54:15 PST 2007

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 10:17:15AM -0600, Ted X Toth wrote:
> The problem was that xcb in its' read_packet function expects replies to
> be at least 32 bytes long. When I padded the reply the protocol worked.

Did you pad before the list, like everyone else, or after? I was
proposing leaving the padding after the list, though I forgot to mention
that yes, the number of bytes you output had better match the length you
advertise.

> Admittedly I'm no xcb expert but this seems a bit broken and at the
> least should be documented.

It's on the very first page of the X11 protocol specification. What more
documentation do you want?

> Maybe the xslt could flag when replies aren't long enough?

More automated validation would be nice, but your XML described a
legitimate piece of X protocol that I don't want to reject. Your
server-side implementation just didn't agree with your XML, and we can't
check that in an automated way.

I'm glad your code works now, anyway.

--Jamey