[Xcb] about api changes

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Jul 11 01:31:11 PDT 2007

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0707101158250.26743-100000 at groucho.unet.brandeis.edu> you wrote:
> Number 2 is definitely needed.  I think this needs to be done in two
> parts:
>
> 1. A filter on the XML so that all of the names are in the proper format.
> 2. The binding generator needs to transform that into whatever is
> appropriate for the language.

I think that the bug here is that the XML naming filter
isn't currently applied to all names, which IIRC is (a).  I
think we should fix that first; I suspect it was inadvertent
rather than deliberate.  Hopefully Josh or Jamey (when he
returns in a few days) can correct us if we're wrong; we
shouldn't do anything IMHO until we hear from at least one
of them.

    Bart