[Xcb] xlib-xcb

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Sat Jul 28 06:54:26 PDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 10:49 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Bill Cunningham wrote:
>>
>>    I would like to but I can't figure bash out. redirecting stdout
>> to a
>> file is easy. I can't get stderr to output to a file called log.
>> Stdout
>> prints to log but then stderr pops up and isn't in the log. How
>> can I get
>> make to print stderr to a log file?
>
> 1 simple solution:
>
> copy/paste what is in your terminal and use a web site like
> pastebin.ca
> to paste the last messages that are relevant.
>
> Vincent

The syntax is "command 2> errors" where 2 is the file descriptor for
stderr.
This is found from "man bash" in the "Redirecting Output" section. There
other tricks there for merging both stdin and stdout when redirecting.

You could also use the "script" command to capture the input/output of
a build session.

Ian