[Xcb] confused about naming

Thomas Hunger hto at arcor.de
Fri Jun 1 06:32:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am a bit confused about our new naming conventions. By example:

In glx.xml there is a list with name "data2". It is converted
to "data_2" which indicates that the new-name-convention-converter is
applied.

Names of struct members (e.g. nSizes in randr.xml) stay the same
though ("nSizes" instead of "n_sizes").

Is there a reason to handle list names and field names in a different
way?

If not, I could change the field names to the new naming convention
without breaking the API, because c has only positional parameters:
The names themselfes are never referenced [1]. What do you think?

Tom

[1] This brings up another question: Are the xcb_xxx_request_t
    structs part of the API? I use a continuous counter for the pad
    fields, i.e. pad0, pad1, ..., pad144 instead of the local pad
    counter. This would break the API if the structs are part of it.