[Xcb] print backtraces in case an assert fails inside xlib/xcb

a r nbs.public at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:46:34 PDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Christoph Pfister <christophpfister at gmail.com> wrote:
> [ re-adding xcb list to CC ]

Sorry, my mistake.

> Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2007 19:02 schrieb a r:
> > On 6/7/07, Christoph Pfister <christophpfister at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Aborted
> >   ^^^^^^^
> >
> > Is there any chance that this assert will be removed?
>
> No; okay - as I don't decide that I should say "most likely not" ...
>
> > If not, what is the policy regarding support for patched XCB?
>
> I don't understand your question here - what kind of policy?

I mean, will XCB team support users of patched XCB library?

> > BTW, what is the reason behind this assert? Will disabling it result
> > in crash of xserver or system?
>
> No, but the assert is because of a clear bug somewhere which has to be fixed
> and not just ignored.

This certainly is an issue. However, this way of resolving it should
not be exercised after beta stage. And even if all opensource
applications are fixed there still will be a number of closed source
applications that will not be corrected anytime soon, if at all.

\R.