[Xcb] schema for xcb validation

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Mar 2 09:09:42 PST 2007

In message <200703021127.12697.hto at arcor.de> you wrote:
> the attachment contains a simple validator scheme written in relax ng
> compact syntax [1] for the xcb xml description language. It can be
> convertet to something xmllint understands by e.g. trang [2]:
>
> # trang xcb-schema.rnc xcb-schema.rng
> # xmllint --relaxng schema.rng -o /dev/null xproto.xml
>
> [1] http://relaxng.org
> [2] http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html

OK, that is just cool.  I sat down to do it once, but got
sidetracked.  You make it look so easy.  Thanks hugely!

> I have some progress on the python generator, but it is more difficult
> than I imagined. So if anybody was hacking in secret on a similar
> script I'd very much like to join our efforts.

I know of several folks who would love to help out.  Maybe
you could post what you've got (notes and repository)
publicly on the XCB wiki or elsewhere so that we can chime
in?

Thanks again!

    Bart