[Xcb] randr: missing xcb_randr_get_screen_info_rates ?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Mar 11 17:20:26 PDT 2007

[Ian's insightful comments snipped; thanks Ian!]

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 12:20:00AM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> actually, I already use the iterators. But I find strange the fact that a
> pointer to the info rates is not available. Also, it's suboptimal. I'm
> wrting a loop instead of using a memcpy.

Um... are you getting correct data from the rates iterators for
GetScreenInfo? On inspection, the XML doesn't appear to match the Xlib
implementation.

It seems that there should be a list of CARD16 with length 'nInfo' (Xlib
calls it 'nrateEnts') in the <reply>.

Instead, we have a list with length nInfo-nSizes, of RefreshRate
structures having lists of CARD16.

Is Xlib doing something subtle, or is the XCB description wrong?

--Jamey