[Xcb] Native win32 port - working (i think :) )

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Fri Apr 18 22:09:23 PDT 2008

Hey,

> As I've been discussing on this list, I've been working on a win32 port of XCB
> which I think works fairly decently right now. I've thrown it test code from
> the tutorial and those work.

very nice work !

> What I would like to do now is to have the Makefile make a DLL - I've never
> used MinGW for this and my knowledge of autotools is rudimentary at
> best....any pointers would be appreciated.

1) in configure.ac, before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, add AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL

2) add, in src/Makefile.am, the value -no-undefined to *_LDFLAGS:

libxcb_la_LDFLAGS = -no-undefined -version-info 1:0:0

it should be sufficient

> I also need to understand certain segments a little better, namely:
>
> - The XCB tree consists of the directories libXau,  libXdmcp, libxcb,
> proto,pthread-stubs, util, x11proto. I'm using code from libXau and libxcb
> but am not using code from any of the other directories. Should I be?? For
> e.g. I'm using pthread-win32 and so far the code doesn't seem to have
> demanded need for stubs.c (within pthread-stubs).

it's strange that you don't need proto

> - MinGW needed the X headers within it's include directory which I supplied
> directly by copying the X headers there (ugly). I think the x11proto make
> mechanism should do that automatically...however I'm not too sure of this and
> how to go abouts making the necessary changes there.

maybe you should use those provided by Xming, or another X server. I don't
really know, just a thought.

regards

Vincent