[Xcb] Python generator / cairo problems

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Mon Apr 21 11:17:48 PDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 7:52 AM, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Are you refering to Felix Rabe's email?  It looks like he sorted it
> out.
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Ian Osgood wrote:
>

>> On Apr 19, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
>>>
>>> Now that we have the python generator (sweeeeeet)...
>>
>> Speaking of which...
>>
>> A rant about building the cairo XCB backend was just posted on the
>> cairo mailing list.  From the logs, it may have to do with the new
>> python code generator.
>>
>> Ian

Thanks, I spoke too soon. His HOWTO could use some work, though (all
of xorg???).

It is claiming Python 2.5 is required. Is it really using 2.5-only
features, or could the version requirement be loosened to 2.4 or 2.3?
Has anyone tried it on earlier Python versions? Should it advertise a
requirement for a specific version of xml.etree.cElementTree? Also,
could ElementTree be used if cElementTree is unavailable?

(When baked, the XSLT file xcb.xsd should also be deleted, or make it
a build option whether to use Python or XSLT.)

(Also, has anyone measured the difference in build speed between the
XSLT and Python code generation?)

Ian