[Xcb] Fedora 9 and Citrix issue

Todd N todd655495 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 07:55:48 PDT 2008

  Hello,

  In testing Fedora 9 (using the live CD) I am encountering a problem using the Linux Citrix client provided on the Citrix web site.  After installing the Citrix client successfully, using the tar.gz version (not the rpm), I am able to log into and launch the MetaFrame Presentation Server, but when I select an application I get a window stating "Processing Replies from Server" which is present for about 2 seconds, then vanishes.  The application window is never launched.

  An important thing to note is that I had this same problem with Fedora 8, and was able to solve it by updating libxcb to the latest version.  Why has the issue appeared again in Fedora 9?

  Although the Citrix website states that OpenMotif is required, I was able to run the Citrix client both in Fedora 7 and in Fedora 8 (after updating libxcb) without the OpenMotif package installed.

  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

  Todd