[Xcb] XKB once again ...

Mark Seaborn mrs at mythic-beasts.com
Sun Jan 6 08:22:03 PST 2008

Mark Seaborn <mrs at mythic-beasts.com> wrote:

> With a few changes I have been able to get this XKB description to
> work with my Python-based encoder/decoder
> I found the <itemlist> element (which I haven't implemented) was not
> necessary for GetMap/SetMap, which can be done as a series of <list>s
> instead.  However, other parts that used <itemlist>, such as
> SelectEvents, do not work yet.

I have implemented <itemlist> now, and it can handle the GetNames
reply properly.

Does anyone know of any program that will exercise most of the XKB
requests and replies?  I will probably leave the rest of XKB until I
have some good test cases.

I forgot to add before that the encoder/decoder can produce
pretty-printed versions of each X message as well as parse trees
showing how the message is encoded.  Examples are checked in and used
as golden files by the test suite.  You can see them here:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/plash/scratch/x11-proxy/golden_test_data/

Mark