[Xcb] knowing when the X server will send the reply

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Fri Jan 25 01:59:48 PST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Barton C Massey wrote:

>>> No ideas if it's safe to use that xcb_poll_for_reply function ?
>>
>> any idea if that  function is what I want ? Bart ? Jamey ? or others ?
>
> I still don't understand or don't remember what you're
> trying to do...

raster wants an event driven design for xcb support in ecore. That means
that he wants to send an ecore event when a requested reply is available.
In the main loop, we get teh ecore event and the associated xcb reply

So:

1) we send a request that wants a reply.
2) in the  loop we check for available replies (with xcb_poll_for reply ?)
3) if one exists, we send an ecore event where we store the reply
4) the client app can catch the event and hence the reply and deal with
it.

Vincent