[Xcb] release with xselinux and python bindings

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Tue Jun 17 10:35:22 PDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 7:25 AM, Ted X Toth wrote:

> When can we expect a release which includes the xselinux interfaces
> and
> python bindings? I'm using these components in several SELinux based
> projects including a python based selection manager, an SELinux policy
> related patch of dbus and most probably in a window labeling patch of
> metacity. So as you can imagine I am anxious that these features get
> upstreamed as soon as possible.
>

> Ted

The XCB maintainers, Jamey and Josh, are working out some tricky 64-
bit-clean issues that are required for x86-64 support, the lack of
which is holding up XCB-Xlib inclusion in several distros. I think
they are waiting to release again until that is fixed.

Folks might want to examine the Freedesktop Bugzilla to see whether
there are any other blockers for an XCB release.

Ian