[Xcb] question about the response_type of an event

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sat Mar 8 14:33:23 PST 2008

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Vincent Torri wrote:

> Hey,
>
> in ecore_xcb, I have something strange: when I get any event in my event
> loop, xcb_poll_for_event() returns an event with response_type being 0.
>
> What does it mean ? Is it a specific error ?

actually, it's an error that comes from a previous call. I manage it like
that:

    if (response_type == 0)
      {
         xcb_generic_error_t *error;

         error = ev;
         printf ("error %d\n", error->error_code);
         return;
      }

is it correct to cast the generic event to a generic error ?

In my case, I get 16 (bad length). Is it really bad ?

Vincent