[Xcb] Native win32 port of XCB??

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 22:51:47 PDT 2008

Hi Vincent / Barton / all :)

I think what you've said does make sense....I've seen the Xlib code
and it is complex....moreover while it probably had been ported to
Win32 back in 2004, and so has a lot of code, that stream has dried.
Since that time possibly Xlib has also gotten integrated further with
XCB and therefore any port of Xlib would probably need XCB code to be
ported.

I wonder if there's interest amongst anyone else out there in the
community towards porting XCB to win32??? Would love the help :)

Any directions on how I could possibly go about this endeavour......an
overall understanding of the dependencies and the places in code that
I might need to touch would be awesome.

For now I think I'll just study the field to see the effort all of
this would take.

Bye for now