[Xcb] Missing copyright notices

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Wed Mar 26 10:02:48 PDT 2008

Julien: Thanks!

XCB util authors: We can't just go around slapping a
copyright notice and license on your code for you without
your permission. Please post to this list explicitly
acknowledging that we have permission to do so.  List each
file that your are the original author of and that Julien
has added a copyright notice and/or license to with his
patches.  A good form to use might be something like.

  This message acknowledges that I, X. Author
  <xauthor at bogus.com>, am the original author of the
  following files in the XCB utils directory

     placeholder/randomstuff.c
     bogus/Makefile.am

  I give my permission for a copyright notice naming me as
  the author to be added to these files.  I also give my
  permission for a license notice to be added to these
  files, indicating my permission to place these files under
  the MIT license used by the rest of XCB.

Please!?!  I don't want to have to track you down and bug
you, and I really don't want to have to throw your code
away.  Jamey, Vincent, I'm looking at you. :-)

(In the future, we'll try to be consistent about rejecting
commits of new files that don't include an explicit
copyright notice and MIT license.  Contributors, please try
to be consistent about adding them.  For new code, you might
be interested in http://wiki.cs.pdx.edu/bartforge/apply-license,
which provides some minimal automation for this task.)

Thanks hugely to all our fine authors for their work, and to
Julien for getting this going!

    Bart