[Xcb] [Haskell-cafe] [GSoC] X Haskell bindings

Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org
Mon Mar 31 11:29:57 PDT 2008

2008/3/31 Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info>:
>  Especially I need help with "Milestones" section. I'm not quite sure how
>  it should look like for such project.

This would seem to be a commendable SoC project. I'm not sure that the
milestones are all that important - no plan ever survives contact with
reality. However, I'd suggest that these would be important aspects:

* A working parser for the XCB (this involves choosing an XML parser
and getting useful data structures from it)
* A working Haskell code generator which outputs bindings for a
minimal subset of the functions

(the last two need not be in Haskell, although I suspect that it would
be a good idea for them to be so)

* The first, minimal, Haskell X client using XCB
* Having sensible bindings for 25%/50%/75% and 100% of the XCB interface.

AGL

--
Adam Langley agl at imperialviolet.org http://www.imperialviolet.org