[Xcb] newbie help

Michael Grunditz michael.grunditz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 00:57:42 PDT 2008

Hi

I am evaluating xcb , and have some probably stupid questions:

1) I have tried to use xcb_image_create_from_bitmap_data in my test
programs , but it won't compile I get undefined reference. I have the
relevant includes.

2) I have extended the example wm in util. I have added window
dragging and a simple close gadget.
The problem with dragging is that the mouse pointer moves to the
window xy position after the button is released.
The close button works , but only if I move the window after I pressed it .
some source:

---moving--
static int handleMotionNotifyEvent(void *data, xcb_connection_t *c,
xcb_motion_notify_event_t *e)
{
  uint32_t values[2];
      values[0] = e->root_x;
      values[1] = e->root_y;
      xcb_configure_window(c, e->event, XCB_CONFIG_WINDOW_X |
XCB_CONFIG_WINDOW_Y, values);

      xcb_flush(c);
  return 1;
}

----closing---

static int handleButtonPressEvent(void *data, xcb_connection_t *c,
xcb_button_press_event_t *e)
{
if (e->event_x>2 && e->event_x < 12 && e->event_y>2 && e->event_y<12)
	    {

	      xcb_unmap_window(c,e->event);
	    }

	return 1;
}

Btw is there a simple way to kill the unmanaged child when unmaping the window ?

Best regards

Michael Grunditz