[Xcb] Problem with xpyb and setCrtcConfig()

Peter Harris peter.harris at hummingbird.com
Fri Oct 31 08:44:52 PDT 2008

Alberto Milone wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have tried to call setCrtcConfig() in the following way:
> cookie = self.conn.randr.setCrtcConfig(crtc.id, crtc.timestamp,
> resources.config_timestamp, x, y, mode.id, rotation)
>
> where:
> crtc.id = 58 (a valid crtc)
> crtc.timestamp = 30307
> resources.config_timestamp = 30307 (resources is the result of
> GetScreenResources())
> x = 0
> y = 0
> mode.id = 64 (a valid mode)
> rotation = 0
>
> I get this error:
> xcb.xproto.BadMatch: <xcb.proto.MatchError object at 0x9e6393c>
>
> Any ideas?

Looks like a bug in randr.xml. That request also takes a <list> of
<xidtype name="RROutput">, and it is a Match error to specify a mode.id
without the list (or mode.id = 0 with the list).

Patch welcome. I'm a bit strapped for time right now, or I'd write up a
patch myself.

Peter Harris
--
     Hummingbird Connectivity - A Division of Open Text
Peter Harris                    http://connectivity.hummingbird.com