[Xcb] What copyright notice to use in derived software?

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Tue Sep 9 08:52:57 PDT 2008

Hello,

I need some help with licensing-stuff:

I plan to release v0.1 of my C++ language wrapper for XCB the next few
days (under the same license as XCB). It contains a heavily modified
version of libxcb's c_client.py (but no other parts from it). What
copyright notice should I include? The file c_client.py itself has no
copyright-message included. Is it OK to simply include a COPYING file
like the following?

---------
(C) Copyright 2008 <my name>
All rights reserved.

The file src/cc_client.py included in this software has been derived
from the file src/c_client.py from libxcb (<copyright
notice from libxcb's COPYING>) distributed under the same terms and
conditions a this software (see below)

<MIT-license goes here>
---------

Some hints would be nice.