[Xcb] What happened to libxcb-xlib?

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 1 14:42:16 PDT 2009

Le 01/04/2009 22:10, David Ronis a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> I wrote a small script to run objdump -p | grep NEEDED | grep xcb-xlib
> on all the files in my gnome/lib and /usr/lib--whether they are really
> needed.  I get hits in most of the key libs.

I guess you'll have to rebuild them all anyway, but you can reduce
future pain by using -Wl,--as-needed in your LDFLAGS.

With this on, neither libxcb-x11.so nor its replacement will appear in
higher-in-the-stack libraries such as Qt or Gtk+, making future upgrades
_much_ more easier.

Here's a little howto on it : http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/asneeded.xml

Cheers,

Rémi