[Xcb] _iterator functions

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Sun Aug 16 18:44:01 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:

> Twas brillig at 16:57:57 16.08.2009 UTC-07 when bart at cs.pdx.edu did gyre and gimble:
>
>  BCM> I'm guessing it's a bug introduced when we changed the way
>  BCM> iterators were generated, but I'm just guessing.  At what commit
>  BCM> did they disappear?
>
> 43b612a5e99ccdfb787a11b2b7c3179fc242edf3
>
>    Treat XIDs the same as other cardinal values.
>
> Reverting it fixes the bug.

Mea culpa.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xcb/2008-November/004049.html

(You must be using an old xcb/proto if you can still build after
reverting that change). The change was made to make iterator
generation consistent. If there is a good reason to generate iterators
for arrays of cardinal types, I'm sure we could do that. But it seems
an awful lot of generated code for simple arrays. Thoughts?

Peter Harris