[Xcb] Wrong value_mask type in for ConfigureWindow?

Friedrich Weber fred at samurai-x.org
Tue Jan 13 10:23:15 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently experimenting with the xcb-proto protocol description
files and xcbgen in order to create another Python binding. I've had
some trouble getting the `ConfigureWindow` request running (crashed with
a BadValue error), and it seems like the `ConfigureWindow` request has a
wrong value-mask-type set in xproto.xml (it's CARD16 at the moment).

The Core X Protocol documentation
(http://www.xfree86.org/current/proto.pdf) specifies BITMASK as a CARD32
on page 115. However, it reserves only 2 Bytes for the bitmask for the
ConfigureWindow request (see page 125), followed by 2 unused bytes.
In order to 'fix' that, I changed the value-mask-type from CARD16 to
CARD32, and the generated bindings did their job properly. However, I am
very unsure if that change will work on other machines, because it looks
like a dirty hack ;)

What do you think about that?

Best regards,

Friedrich