[Xcb] XCB and OpenGL documentation, feedback and corrections wanted

Riku Salminen maililistaalterego at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:00:08 PDT 2009

Hi,

as a part of my summer project, I have been piecing together a
document about OpenGL and XCB, and OpenGL on X windows in general. I
posted my initial draft in my blog
(http://kesakoodi2k9.wordpress.com/2009/06/26/xcb-and-opengl-documentation-draft/).

Now, I'd like to have some feedback on the documentation as well as
corrections to errors (there _must_ be some).

I'd like to improve this documentation and make it available to
everyone who's struggling with XCB and OpenGL. I also have a piece of
sample code (on setting up an OpenGL+Xlib/XCB-hybrid application), but
it needs some serious cleanup (deinitialization and error handling in
particular) before I want to publish it anywhere.

I was thinking that the XCB wiki would be the place for this kind of
documentation, do you think it's a good idea to post the doc there? I
already registered to the wiki and logged in, but I didn't figure out
how to add a new page. Not that I would have added the doc there just
yet, I just wanted to see how it's done. How can I create a new page
in the wiki and should I do that?

Please read through the docs and post feedback in this mailing list,
blog comments or by e-mail.
-Riku Salminen