[Xcb] Win32 port - delayed submitting into the main tree though still alive :)

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 20:21:27 PST 2009

Hello,

> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Barton C Massey wrote:
> > Thanks much for the note!  Although few of ever run Windows,
> > we'll help you with this in any way we can with this; just
> > let us know what you need.

Thanks Barton will take you up on it....just need to pull myself out of what
I'm doing now. Hopefully soon I'll test to see if my patches work against the
current tree and post em to the list.

> On Wednesday 04 Mar 2009, Vincent Torri wrote
> well, I use Windows (for the EFL port). I think that a detailed tutorial
> about how to use xcb on Winodws would be helpful (in the wiki?), that is,
> installation of the x server, small test program, etc...

Yup I agree - writing a wiki would be great. I have my notes on everything
I've done to get XCB to compile under windows and all the other libs
(pthreads et al) that I had to get working too. I used all the programs in
the tutorial to test my port against so I think we can put that upto. I'll
work on this. Should I put this up at xcb.freedesktop.org or the wikipedia
reference to XCB?

Bye for now