[Xcb] xcb-util - image library n win32

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Sun May 3 01:43:07 PDT 2009

Hi,

> When you build and install libxcb, it will create xcb.pc. Points
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH there. For example I built libxcb with prefix
> $HOME/w/x11 so it would configure xcb-util like this:

I got past this step. I setup the XCB_CFLAGS and XCB_LIBS environment
variables instead so that works.  I also had to setup environment variables
for SHM and Render. Although I've set things up so as to link against my
pthreadGC2 dll there is still one place (at least) which is still causing it
to link against -lpthread which fails for me....tried making changes within
Makefile.am but didn't work so as a quick hack setup a symlink between
libpthread.a and my pthreadGC2.dll so I got through this step.

In order to get a DLL I tried doing what I did for XCB i.e. in configure.ac I
put in an AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL before AC_PROG_LIBTOOL. Also in Makefile.am I
put in a libxcb_image_LDFLAGS=-no-undefined. (reciting by memory so hope I
haven't made a mistake writing this but I think this seems what I did)

Everything goes through now but under image/.libs all i can see is a
libxcb-image.a and a .la file....no dll...so I'm guessing something more
needs to be done....any ideas?

Bye for now