[Xcb] Win32 branch of XCB now up :)

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed May 6 09:26:24 PDT 2009

At 1241626325 time_t, Jeetu Golani wrote:
> I hope these changes can become part of the main tree someday.

Well your tree does not have the full history of our libxcb, and is only
a set of file. So this is kinda useless, it is just like throwing a
tarball at our head.
And your tree is full of backups, .orig and .rej files.
It's really really far from being clean.

I took some time to make and read diff between your version and ours.
I cannot judge the code itself, I know nothing at win32, but you should
at least respect some sort of indentation policy. You seems to have
none, so using ours would be a good choice.

Also, using:
#ifdef WIN32
int read_block() { ... }
#endif
#ifndef WIN32
int read_block() { ... }
#endif

is IMHO only a way to get confused and make mistakes. Please prefer:

#ifdef WIN32 (or ifndef)
int read_block() { ... }
#else
int read_block() { ... }
#endif

which can avoid mistakes.

OTOH, your work seems pretty light and not too much invasive, so if you
come up with a clean patch touching only the code part and the files
needed, I guess it could be merged into our code base.

But it's far from clean right now and I don't feel like losing time
making things in order, since it's win32 code (and I don't care about
this platform :-)

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou