[Xcb] libxcb override disparity

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Fri May 29 09:26:45 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Archive Administrator
<installer at ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
> There are disparities between your recently accepted upload and the
> override file for the following file(s):
>
> libxcb-xinerama0-dev_1.3-2_amd64.deb: package says section is libdevel, override says video.
> libxcb-xinerama0_1.3-2_amd64.deb: package says section is libs, override says video.

> Either the package or the override file is incorrect.  If you think
> the override is correct and the package wrong please fix the package
> so that this disparity is fixed in the next upload.  If you feel the
> override is incorrect then please reply to this mail and explain why.
> Please INCLUDE the list of packages as seen above, or we won't be able
> to deal with your mail due to missing information.

The override is incorrect. The XCB Xinerama libraries have nothing to
do with video.

I find it odd that xinerama was the one that got overridden into
video, not xv or xvmc (although in my opinion, xv and xvmc should stay
in lib and libdevel with the rest of the xcb libraries).

Peter Harris