[Xcb] application freezes in xcb_wait_for_reply()

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Wed Sep 2 12:17:35 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Erik
Janssens<Erik.Janssens at conceptive.be> wrote:
> I'm developing a pyqt application, and I regulary
> get applications freezes.  Although they appear random,
> they always happen in xcb_wait_for_reply().

I can't look into this in depth at the moment--I'm hoping somebody
else will--but in my experience this is normally a symptom of an
earlier protocol failure. Sniffing the traffic with xscope or
Wireshark may give useful evidence. Also, please install the debug
packages for libxcb and libx11 and get new stack traces.

Most likely cause, I'd guess, is some failure to sync earlier, so the
sequence numbers are wrong. This could also happen if some request
didn't get completely sent to the server.

Jamey