[Xcb] GSoC 2009: XKB and XI2 support

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Sep 15 01:09:10 PDT 2009

Hi fellow developers,

As you may know, Marius Ceier has been a Google sponsored student
working on XCB this summer.

He wrote XML files describing XKB and XI2 protocol. He also had to do
XKB2, but since the spec were not finished in time, he was not able to
do that. AFAIK, he also touched some other part needed to make XKB and
XI2 work, mostly the Python C code generator.

Now, his work should be integrated into XCB, obviously. I don't have
time currently to review and merge his work, so I hereby request some
help. I don't know what are Marius plans and if he thinks like he will
submit his work as a clear set of patches or not. But I think we should
not wait for him and lose the job that have been done, and start merging
this ASAP.

Everything is available at:
http://github.com/mceier/input-protos-for-xcb/

There's 2 branches, one with libxcb modification, and one with X
protocol added.

Cheers.
--
Julien Danjou