[Xcb] GSoC 2009: XKB and XI2 support

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Fri Sep 18 19:24:38 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Josh Triplett wrote:
> (I also admit to a bit of confusion between "streamy" processing of the
> X protocol stream and "streamy" processing of the XML.  Why do you want
> to do the latter?)

To be perfectly honest, I have no genuine reason beyond "because I
can." On general principles, I prefer to write things in a more
efficient way if I can. A single (nearly) stateless pass over the XML
fit that description, so that's the way my processors currently work.
It isn't particularly important that they stay that way (since
processing happens outside of anything time-critical, and computers
have an embarrassing amount of RAM these days).

Also, just because we don't use XSLT any more, doesn't mean we should
make it more difficult for others to do so if they so wish. (XSLT
might be turing complete (is it?), but it looks like it prefers
simple/linear transformations)

Peter Harris